What It Is

This blog provides: spontaneous, unsolicited, unfiltered advice, opinions, guidance, counsel, directions, commentary, diatribes, rants, complaints, accolades, reviews, corrections, and critiques.

This blog imparts the aforementioned about the following: experiences, products, fashion, language, make-up, shoes, cities, culture, books, travel, relationships, babies, friends, gym, food, parties, alcohol, music, work, society, politics, deals, predicaments, minor medical issues, current events, stars, photos, and morality.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

LUSH product review: HARD Shampoo bar.



I found out about LUSH products on MUA. I originally thought it was just another smelly body-care company whose gimmick was to make products which appear like food. When I read here that LUSH's products are all natural and specifically tailored to explicit problems, I was dying to give some a try. 
Upon first use of HARD, I must say I am pleasantly surprised, and for a couple of reasons (note, I have long, medium-thick, virgin hair that tends to grease at the roots quickly): 
1) The vendor told me this shampoo bar would last three times as long as an 8 ounce shampoo. Plus, there is no extraneous packaging.
2) The price is adapted to the product: Not every LUSH item is the same price, even if it is the same size, weight, or in the same category as other products, they tailor the price to the ingredients (or so it seems). 
3) Use proved perfect. I live in Paris where the water is so hard that your clothes, dishes, skin, and hair all go to crap (or simply to grayish, actually). This shampoo lathered, wasn't too smelly (I have an aversion to strong perfumes), and left my hair squeaky clean: I am on day four of the wash when usually I need a wash after about a day and a half (though I only do it after 3). 
I truly hope the bar will last as long as they say and that I will continue to see the fab results. I have recommended it to everyone at work -- as we all live with this unmanageable water supply -- and do the same to all readers who truly have problems with hard water.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it is working well so far. I think LUSH could use your endorsement as I think one may easily be frightened of these hockey pucks resembling dried vomit!

    ReplyDelete